Latitude: 52.89 / 52°53'24"N
Longitude: -1.1507 / 1°9'2"W
OS Eastings: 457239
OS Northings: 332845
OS Grid: SK572328
Mapcode National: GBR 8JB.XJY
Mapcode Global: WHDH5.9M99
Plus Code: 9C4WVRRX+2P
Entry Name: Ruddington Free School, Now Occupied by the Old School Kitchens and Hibbs Typewriters
Listing Date: 13 November 1986
Grade: II
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1249768
English Heritage Legacy ID: 431160
ID on this website: 101249768
Location: Ruddington, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG11
County: Nottinghamshire
District: Rushcliffe
Civil Parish: Ruddington
Built-Up Area: Ruddington
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ruddington
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
Tagged with: Architectural structure
SK 53 SE
5/106
RUDDINGTON
THE GREEN
(south side)
Ruddington Free School, now occupied by The Old School Kitchens and Hibbs Typewriters
G.V.
II
School, now offices. 1875. Red brick with ashlar dressings.
Plain tile roof. Ashlar coped gables. Dogtooth eaves.
Buttressd and set on a plinth with chamfered ashlar band over.
Single storey,, 3 bays. The right single bay slightly projects
and is gabled incorporating to the left and rising from this bay,
a single brick stack and a single gabled and ashlar coped
bellcote. Single pair of sashes with ashlar sill and lintel, to
the right is a single hipped bay which breaks the eaves with
single similar pair of sashes, extending over each is a single
transom of brattishing with single ashlar quatrefoils over. The
single far right bay has a single ashlar window with 3 pointed
arched lights, the single central light being taller. Each light
with single similar transom with cusped tracery over. This
window with flush ashlar quoin surround. In the apex is a single
decorative cusped ashlar trefoil. Under the bellcote is an
ashlar plaque inscribed "Ruddington Free School originally
founded and endowed by James Peacock A.D. 1841. Rebuilt A.D.
1875 in memory of Charles and Ellen Paget who died A.D. 1873".
Asher Lane/west front of 4 bays. The single left bay slightly
projects, is gabled and has a single window, similar to that of
the gabled bay of the main front, but with different tracery. In
the gable apex is a single decorative cusped ashlar quatrefoil.
To the right is a single set of 3 sashes with ashlar sill and
lintel. Further right is a single similar smaller window to that
of the gabled bay, but lacking the flush ashlar quoin surround,
with different tracery, being gabled over. On the far right is a
single similar set of 3 sashes with ashlar sill and lintel
Listing NGR: SK5723932845
External links are from the relevant listing authority and, where applicable, Wikidata. Wikidata IDs may be related buildings as well as this specific building. If you want to add or update a link, you will need to do so by editing the Wikidata entry.
Other nearby listed buildings